Whatever your level of drawing ability – beginner, intermediate, or advanced – you’ll gain practical insights and knowledge from our easy-to-follow demonstrations. Join us for this weekend workshop, and learn the techniques and skills needed to explore shape, form, volume, perspective, composition, light, and texture. We’ll cover still-life, landscape, and portrait drawing.
Please purchase the following materials before class:
- Pencils: With the enormous assortment of graphite media out there, an inexpensive solution is to get a set of different grades of pencils. One of the sets below is fine for this class.
- Utrecht Shade/Contour pencils of 10
- Brevilliers Cretacolor Artist Studio Draw 101 Intro pencil set
- Koh-I-Noor 1900 Technical Set of 12 pencils
- Staedtler Mars Lumograph 12-count pencil set
- Prismacolor Premier 12-count pencil set
- Paper: One of the below pads is fine for this class.
- Canson 9″ x 12″ 70-pound pad of 30 sheets
- Strathmore 9″ x 12″ 80-pound pad of 24 sheets
- Utrecht 11″ x 14″ 70-pound pad of 50 sheets
- Borden & Riley 9″ x 12″ 60-pound pad of 20 sheets
- Blick 11″ x 14″ 60-pound pad of 100 sheets
- Additional Supplies:
- A kneaded eraser
- A hard eraser