These days, almost every job requires basic computer literacy. Take this survey course and improve your computer literacy for your current job or to advance your career. This class is taught on PCs and designed for those who have had basic exposure to PCs and know how to use the keyboard and mouse.
This course will cover:
- The features of Windows: menus, shortcuts, and the desktop
- How to use the main features in Microsoft Word to create professional documents
- An overview of Microsoft PowerPoint so that you can create computer-based presentations
- How to create spreadsheets, graphs, charts, and perform calculations in Excel
- Saving, accessing, and managing your files and folders
- How to perform research on the internet
- How to create and send e-mail and attachments
- Discuss e-mail etiquette and ethics
Students need to bring a CD or flash drive to class to save their personal files. Not sure if this class is right for you? Use this handy guide.