Brighten up your painting with acrylics! Acrylic paints offer a rich range of colors, all of which are non-toxic and quick drying. Discuss and practice various principles, techniques, and elements of design. Learn to paint a variety of surfaces like wood, canvas, and paper -- and discover how to use this medium for different effects. In-class assignments will focus on learning techniques and how to incorporate self-expression and exploration into your practice.
Please bring the following materials (estimated cost $30-$50):
- A set of basic colors (red, yellow, blue, white, and black)-small sizes, 200 ml to 500 ml
- A small variety of brushes that are made for acrylics or oils, brush sizes ranging from small (size 2) to wider (size 10)--watercolor brushes are too soft.
- Either a pad of 9” x 12” canvas, or 9” x 12” acrylic paper, for the class exercises, and a small primed canvas for the final project.
- Artists palette, or palette pad
- An inspirational image for the final project is optional